Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm Prego!

Yes, it is true...we are expecting! My due date is February 1, 2012. I'm so excited. This will be my first baby but this will be #5 in our family. All the kids are excited, especially Boo! Here's the story:
I thought I was pregnant for awhile and finally on May 23rd I took a home-pregnancy test. It came up positive (light positive but still positive). I thought about trying to wait to show it to Mitch until the following day because he was taking me over-night to the Black Swan Inn where he got us the Romeo and Juliet room for a night. But, my excitement was killing me. And I found the perfect time to tell him.
Boo was at school, but the other kids had taken a few books into Dad in our bedroom for him to read. It was so cute watching them read, and I just thought to myself, "This is the perfect time to tell this happy Daddy that he gets to be a Daddy to one more!" So, I grabbed the pregnancy test and walked into the room. He saw I had something at my side so I just handed it to him. Well, he happened to be in the middle of singing the A, B, C's and so this was about how it went, "A B C D E F G, H I WHAT THE CRAP!" It was hilarious!
When we told the kids, Boo was very excited, Bubba wants a baby sister, Bug thought we were telling her that she was going to be the baby again and Hammy could have cared less! :) But, now all the kids bless me and the baby in their prayers (very cute!)
We did have a small scare. When I went in for my first OB appointment, they estimated that I was 6 1/2 weeks along. But when they did the ultra sound, what showed on the monitor didn't match up. It just looked like a gray bubble inside the black part (uterus). So, to prepare us for all posibilities, our doctor told us that either the dates were wrong, or we were looking at the beginnings of a miscarriage....Broke my heart. He had me get my blood drawn to check my hormone levels. He said that in a 48 hour period, my hormone levels should double. I went back 2 days later and had them drawn again. They hadn't doubled. We were told that the doctor was 95% sure I would miscarry.
I went back last Thursday. He wanted to see me again, do one more ultra sound to make sure it would be a miscarriage, and then talk about options for disposing. I can't say I was excited for this visit. We went and got the ultra sound...and low and behold, on the monitor it shows a little black sack growing (something that wasn't there the previous week). The doctor was...shocked to say the least. He had me get my blood drawn again and this time, they matched up with what we were seeing on the monitor.
I had another check-up today to make sure things are still progressing. We were actually able to hear the heartbeat today. That was soooooo awesome! One of the many steps I'm so excited to experience. Makes me sad that I've missed it with all my other kids, but I'm excited to get to experience it this time!
There's our story. I'm pregnant and I'm so excited that this little life will get to join our family! :)

3 comments:

  1. YEA!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for you guys! Glad that everything is going good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness all is well. Miscarriages are AWFUL. I've had two...next time we hang out I'll have to tell you about how I almost had a third, but how I'm almost positive Wan stopped it with a priesthood blessing.

    ReplyDelete