Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bucking Bronco

Bubba has officially broken his first horse at the age of 4. We have a colt that was born in April. Bubba is the first and only one to have successfully ridden him around. He was so proud of himself, but not as proud as I think Daddy was!!

Here's the story. We had Moose out to give rides to the kids and to Uncle Josh and Aunt Carrie who were up for a visit. Bubba asked if he could ride Dan (our colt). Daddy went and grabbed the kids saddle, cinched it up, put Bubba in a bike helmet and threw him on.

Dan wasn't so sure about the saddle, let alone the extra weight that all of a sudden was there. He did a few quick turns around Daddy, and yet Bubba just held on for his life...squealing at the top of his lungs. At one point, he held one hand in the air and held on to the horn of the saddle with the other. Scares me a bit, I have a feeling this is only the beginning of these "activities."

When we went to the rodeo this last summer, Bubba started to cry when we left. When we asked him why he was upset he said, "Because I haven't gotten to ride the bull yet!" Ever had your heart drop out of your chest, I did!!






That's my little cowboy!

1 comment:

  1. Such a hansome cowboy and colt! I definetly think that was just a spark in his bonfire!

    ReplyDelete