Saturday, April 6, 2013

June & July 2012 - Please bear with me

I promise, I really do have good intentions of posting all the time, but life is so crazy...or when it's quiet, I take advantage and let it be quiet.  So, it's my fault that it's been too close to a year since I last posted on here.  But, better late than never.  I figured this would be a good project while I listen and enjoy General Conference this weekend.  So, we're going to start where we left off and in the next two days, I hope to have everyone caught up, which means LOTS of posts.  :)
 
This is how we celebrated Mommy In Heaven's birthday last year.  We made cupcakes and put a candle in one for each of the kids and let them blow out her candles.  We sang Happy Birthday and we talked about her and finished by watching some home movies with her in them.  I hope the kids enjoyed it!
This is what happens when we miss naptime in our house sometimes.  Hammy went to go play, I didn't hear much for awhile, decided to go investigate and this is what I found! :)  Poor guy!

Midget's first time eating baby cereal...man we've come a long way since then! :) 
Needless to say, she LOVED it!  I never really struggled feeding her baby food.  She thought it was great...all except the meats though.  But I don't know of any baby that'll eat that stuff.

The kids we're moving Bubba's mattress into the girl's room so that they could all have a sleepover in there.  This is what happens when you ask them to accomplish things like this! :)

Midget absolutely LOVES to read.  Right now her diaper bag has a few toys, but mostly books.  She enjoys it so much.

Hammy's 3rd birthday...can't believe it!  He was so little when I joined the family and here we were enjoying his 3rd birthday.  That box he is opening up right now was FULL of all different kinds of cars.  He was so excited when he opened it up.  He dumped them all on the grass and looked at each individual car.  Then for the rest of the time, I had to convince him to come open the other gifts.  He'd open one and then run back over and play with those cars.  It was so funny!
Here's his birthday cake...totally fitting!

 Happy Birthday Hammy!
 Scab's 34th birthday...that's about what it was! :)  Love you babe!
 Funny faces in the mirror!
 She loved talking to that other baby.
 Bubba and Buggy's birthday...we try not to do too many things for them together, to let them have their own days.  But it's so hard to get all the family together twice in a 2 day period.  But this one was fun because Bubba's face says it all...their gift was so worth it!
They both got new bikes for their birthday!  They were SOOO excited!!
 Happy Birthday Bubba and Buggy!!  Sure do love you both! :)
 One day during last summer we went and played in the river at a place called "The Hog Hole."  This was a place I went swimming as a kid.  There's a rope to swing on and drop in the water and it was perfect for the kids to wade in.  Bubba found it a great time to chill and relax and soak up the sun! :)  We didn't get anymore pictures because about 5 minutes later, I realized that my wedding ring was missing!!  I had lost it in the river somewhere.  I was devastated to say the least!  We left after looking for it for about 45 minutes.
This was some deer we saw going over to Bedford one day.  Both of them still had their velvet on...it was pretty cool.  They weren't too far from the road so we got a good look at them.  The kids loved it.
 
So that's a little update.  Stay tuned...there will be more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment